The /tg/ Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Central attraction ?

+4
HarryDresden
Mordegald
Astra
B&Hammer40kun
8 posters

Go down

Central attraction ? Empty Central attraction ?

Post  B&Hammer40kun Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:50 am

I've had this idea a long time ago, and since it seems to fit with the main concept, I'll propose to discuss it with you.

I propose that we create a particular video game, my first instinct would be something along the lines of armored core.

This game will have as unique purpose to be used in tournaments inside the silo, for entertaining purpose. Teams of pilots would be created, and receive virtual money ingame to purchase parts and improve their machines (once again, if the giant mecha guerilla warfare is your thing)

A website would be dedicated to the communication, giving news about the teams and the results of the confrontations.

While the only live broadcast of the shows would be in the silo and pay per view, the teams could play online, and only come to the actual place for major events.

possible incomes :
> bets
> merchandising
> pay per view

B&Hammer40kun

Back to top Go down

Central attraction ? Empty Re: Central attraction ?

Post  Astra Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:31 am

B&Hammer40kun wrote:I've had this idea a long time ago, and since it seems to fit with the main concept, I'll propose to discuss it with you.

I propose that we create a particular video game, my first instinct would be something along the lines of armored core.

This game will have as unique purpose to be used in tournaments inside the silo, for entertaining purpose. Teams of pilots would be created, and receive virtual money ingame to purchase parts and improve their machines (once again, if the giant mecha guerilla warfare is your thing)

A website would be dedicated to the communication, giving news about the teams and the results of the confrontations.

While the only live broadcast of the shows would be in the silo and pay per view, the teams could play online, and only come to the actual place for major events.

possible incomes :
> bets
> merchandising
> pay per view

Awesome idea man! Very Happy

It'd be wicked if we could use the old virtual on machines to give more of a realistic feeling to the piloting.
http://www.highway.net.au/news/151.html
Astra
Astra

Back to top Go down

Post  Mordegald Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:45 pm

We might also look into the Tesla System machines they use for the Battletech Arcade game. Only a few locations in the US have any, and I doubt they'd be willing to part with them, but surely with the kind of cash involved in this project we can splurge on a few brand new ones. Best part is that even if we don't end up getting a proper mech sim game together ourselves, we've got a perfectly functional sim of a /tg/ staple ready to play right out of the proverbial box.

http://www.virtualworld.com/Tesla_II.shtml
Mordegald
Mordegald

Back to top Go down

Post  B&Hammer40kun Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:18 pm

If we really use this kind of interface, I'd rather design it "ourselves" and forsee a workshop dedicated to building / maintaining / repairing them.

I do not advise to use such devices right away, since they are expensive, but indeed they were in my "ideal" view of the arena.

B&Hammer40kun

Back to top Go down

Post  HarryDresden Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:07 pm

*cough cough BLOODBOWL cough*

And Battlebots. BRING BACK FUCKING BATTLEBOTS!

Last edited by HarryDresden on Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Felt like it.)
HarryDresden
HarryDresden

Back to top Go down

Post  Pslotha Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:19 pm

40kun, you never cease to amaze me with your drawings, and now you've amazed me with your idea.

Kudos good sir, to thee I shall view as one of the greats.
Pslotha
Pslotha

Back to top Go down

Post  Lich Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:05 pm

HarryDresden wrote:*cough cough BLOODBOWL cough*

And Battlebots. BRING BACK FUCKING BATTLEBOTS!

I support this idea.

Lich

Back to top Go down

Post  JonathanDoe Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:38 am

I would like to reiterate the incredibly good idea that is robotic gladiatorial sports.

However, a word of caution, when the computers become sentient, they may not take too kindly to those who created some of them specifically to function as entertainment tools.
JonathanDoe
JonathanDoe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Crazy Techmarine Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:02 pm

i like where this thread is going

http://hackaday.com/2010/08/04/racing-game-uses-a-physical-race-track-and-vehicle/

might we be able to also include this at some point ?
Da Crazy Techmarine
Da Crazy Techmarine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum