The /tg/ Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personnel list

+6
JonathanDoe
durandal
GrandHistorian
Anon
HarryDresden
ediskradeht
10 posters

Go down

Personnel list Empty Personnel list

Post  ediskradeht Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:29 pm

I think that it would be a good idea to understand what services people would be willing to volunteer/do for free, at least for a limited time/part time. This could have a huge impact on the budget.

It seems to me that we would need services related to the following categories, please let me know if I miss any or list some that aren't needed.

project managers
planing/engineering
logistics/goods/purchasing
finances/budgeting
records keeping
construction/skilled labor
general labor
food preparation/cooking
janitorial
rules/enforcement
mediator/conflict resolution

This list may change a bit as the project/needs change and some of these are temporary and some may end up being permanently needed or full time. If the latter is the case, perhaps payment will be required, but that's not going to be covered by this list. This list is ONLY for volunteering. If you can offer to help in the above categories, please list the following:

screen name:
skills/credentials:
volunteering schedule:

ediskradht
licensed commercial electrician/general construction experience
I could volunteer full time for up to a month after the move and part time/after work indefinitely

ediskradeht

Back to top Go down

Personnel list Empty Re: Personnel list

Post  HarryDresden Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:42 pm

I'm more along the school of thought being "Everyone do what you can to help out, volunteer where you can."

The main thing to optimizing your manpower is cross training.
HarryDresden
HarryDresden

Back to top Go down

Post  ediskradeht Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:48 pm

HarryDresden wrote:I'm more along the school of thought being "Everyone do what you can to help out, volunteer where you can."

The main thing to optimizing your manpower is cross training.

Certainly, but there are some specific requirements that we may have. We may need an electrician and unnecessarily budget for one because no one knew that we had volunteers that could fill that role. By volunteering for that work, that need is no longer something we have to pay to meet. It helps with budgeting and planning. That does not prevent me from helping with other tasks.

ediskradeht

Back to top Go down

Post  HarryDresden Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:53 pm

Well, I guess my main skills would be cooking, artistic design, fabrication and development, basic technical skills, glass working, metal working, carpentry, and the list really does go on.

I'm a survivalist, so I've been cross training myself for awhile now. Not too shabby for a 19 year old.
HarryDresden
HarryDresden

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:57 pm

Can we count on your wizardry to help us, Harry?

Anon

Back to top Go down

Post  GrandHistorian Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:02 pm

I'm 5'10 and 100 lb, so my manpower is somewhat limited. Also sun does 2d3 damage + 3, because I'm a ginger.

However, I have an expansive mind and vocabulary, and that usually assists me in succeeding with diplomacy based operations. You can leave contacting officials and such to me. Just tell me when.

I'm also good with management, supervision and council-based meetings.

Anyone else for the Indomitable Council of Neckbeards?

Last edited by GrandHistorian on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
GrandHistorian
GrandHistorian

Back to top Go down

Post  HarryDresden Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:03 pm

I'm the wizard, Harry. Course you can. I'm a Pinball wizard specifically.
HarryDresden
HarryDresden

Back to top Go down

Post  durandal Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:06 am

screen name: Durandal
skills/credentials: 4 years exp. as Mechanic(63B) in the Army, degree in Applied Science, Network +, A+, Linux+, 2 years exp. supporting Microsoft\Linux environments. Basically, if it runs on diesel or a server, I can fix it.
volunteering schedule: Weekdays and Evenings
durandal
durandal

Back to top Go down

Post  JonathanDoe Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:30 am

I'm a Canadian law student. I will keep this forum running to the best of my ability, but my physical access to the site will be curtailed for at least 3 years.

I do however have business connections, as well as an understanding of law which could help. I'd be glad to look over by-laws and requirements in whatever zone we end up deciding on to see what the legal requirements of our situation are, as well as coordinating (through email and/or phone) efforts to link up with local law enforcement or whatever else is needed.
JonathanDoe
JonathanDoe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Astra Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:22 pm

Realistically, i suppose i would fall under Security as well as R&D. For the past 15 years, i've managed the security for various businesses owned by family members and designed a number of products for them. Currently, i'm helping my father put together an Import & Export business which should be up and running in less than 3 months. (You would not believe the amount hoops we had to jump through to make it happen.)

Astra
Astra

Back to top Go down

Post  Elegant Gentlemen Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Currently an econ student, planning to go into finance. I can help figure out all the financial stuff and hopefully have lots of money to contribute towards this when I start working. If needed when we start trying to actually generate some revenue from the project I can help with getting access to capital/investment (and make sure we don't get screwed over in the process!).
Elegant Gentlemen
Elegant Gentlemen

Back to top Go down

Post  Pslotha Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:59 pm

Art student here, planning on becoming a digital design master. I would add a bit of "pizazz" to the place; adding murals and stencils and so forth to the walls. I taken well over 7 years of martial arts and currently own a black belt in Tae-kwon-do (Kiddie sport) and I'm but a single rank away from becoming a black belt in Kuk Sool Won. I suppose I could go down as a painter, carpenter, and security if needed.

Additionally I speak Danish, English, German, Norwegian, and I can read Swedish.
Pslotha
Pslotha

Back to top Go down

Post  LordLemming Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:36 am

I am currently going through college to be a psychologist I could likely be a conflict resolver of sorts and i would be more than willing to throw money at this project to make it work as long as I get to live there full time.

My grandparents are also rich as all hell and have hinted that none of there sons good enough to give the money to when they kick it so ill have that coming too eventually.

LordLemming
eventual psychologist, some training in ninjitsu but not much
once i finish college i can and would like to live on this project so my volunteering capabilitys would be whatever is needing done around the place.
I am 6'2 142lbs right now and i sleep very rarely due to medical condition, I'm here to help!

LordLemming

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum