The /tg/ Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contending idea - /tg/ town VS /tg/ rapture

+16
Lich
KaiserDrgn
Da Crazy Techmarine
Vault Dweller
Wakfag123
JonathanDoe
Astra
ediskradeht
The4th1
HarryDresden
GrandHistorian
Bastaloch
Anon
Cynic
Pslotha
Scriptarius
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Contending idea - /tg/ town VS /tg/ rapture Empty Contending idea - /tg/ town VS /tg/ rapture

Post  Scriptarius Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:03 pm

Some people back at 4chan are commenting that it would be cheaper and easier to buy one of the abandoned towns in rural USA and turn THAT into /tg/'s personal base.
I've seen posts claiming houses to be as cheap as $2500

So, /tg/ town - is it a real contender to /tg/ rapture?
Scriptarius
Scriptarius

Back to top Go down

Contending idea - /tg/ town VS /tg/ rapture Empty Re: Contending idea - /tg/ town VS /tg/ rapture

Post  Pslotha Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:04 pm

No, people can break into houses.

Let's see them break into our bunker.
Pslotha
Pslotha

Back to top Go down

Contending idea - /tg/ town VS /tg/ rapture Empty Re: Contending idea - /tg/ town VS /tg/ rapture

Post  Cynic Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:04 pm

I'd have to vote for the /tg/ town. MUCH more practical. Hell, maybe expand it and have *chan town with a /tg/ neighborhood within it?

Cynic

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:05 pm

It'd certainly be cheaper, and probably have a bunch of other advantages, but in the end, if it's possible at all, the missile silo would be more awesome by a factor of lots.

Anon

Back to top Go down

Post  Scriptarius Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:09 pm

Could one of our resident Americans check out some of these and post links?
I'm sure it would be a good idea to explore this optino as well.
Scriptarius
Scriptarius

Back to top Go down

Post  Bastaloch Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:17 pm

How about both?!?!?!
Bastaloch
Bastaloch

Back to top Go down

Post  GrandHistorian Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:20 pm

I'm really more for /tg/ Rapture, but we want to have some semblance of sanity here...
GrandHistorian
GrandHistorian

Back to top Go down

Post  Scriptarius Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:21 pm

Bastaloch wrote:How about both?!?!?!
If we can gather the 200,000 to buy Nike (or, with miracles, grants and sponsors, 3,000,000 to buy Titan) we should stick that that.
With that same 200,000 we could buy and renovate around 100 cheap houses though.
Scriptarius
Scriptarius

Back to top Go down

Post  HarryDresden Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:23 pm

/tg/ rapture for me. It'll be easier to get government funding if they believe that it's a secure, and easily upgradeable Base of Operations. Also, it has that survivalist appeal for me. Prepare for the worst, but expect the best. Who knows, maybe we'll change the world for the better, then zombies come. We'll be better off in both situations then everyone else.

Also, seriously, you have to admit it appeals to the evil genius in all of us. It's a god damn underground missile silo.
HarryDresden
HarryDresden

Back to top Go down

Post  GrandHistorian Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:25 pm

HarryDresden wrote:/tg/ rapture for me. It'll be easier to get government funding if they believe that it's a secure, and easily upgradeable Base of Operations. Also, it has that survivalist appeal for me. Prepare for the worst, but expect the best. Who knows, maybe we'll change the world for the better, then zombies come. We'll be better off in both situations then everyone else.

Also, seriously, you have to admit it appeals to the evil genius in all of us. It's a god damn underground missile silo.

Would it be at all possible for me to have an underground genetics lab? As long as we're tossing ideas out there... >:]
GrandHistorian
GrandHistorian

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:26 pm

Scriptarius wrote:With that same 200,000 we could buy and renovate around 100 cheap houses though.
Oh, with cheap enough houses it could be MUCH more than that. All depends on how much renovation is needed, really.

Cynic

Back to top Go down

Post  HarryDresden Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:26 pm

Scriptarius wrote:
If we can gather the 200,000 to buy Nike (or, with miracles, grants and sponsors, 3,000,000 to buy Titan) we should stick that that.
With that same 200,000 we could buy and renovate around 100 cheap houses though.

Carpenters grandson here, I've spent most of my life working on renovations. Trust me, It's more like $16,000 to $25,000 for renovations, and then it's about $30,000 to $45,000 base prices for houses.

You may be able to buy a 1 bedroom apartment in a crackhouse in the middle of a ghetto for $2,500, but that not really what I think we're aiming for.
HarryDresden
HarryDresden

Back to top Go down

Post  HarryDresden Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:27 pm

GrandHistorian wrote:
HarryDresden wrote:/tg/ rapture for me. It'll be easier to get government funding if they believe that it's a secure, and easily upgradeable Base of Operations. Also, it has that survivalist appeal for me. Prepare for the worst, but expect the best. Who knows, maybe we'll change the world for the better, then zombies come. We'll be better off in both situations then everyone else.

Would it be at all possible for me to have an underground genetics lab? As long as we're tossing ideas out there... >:]

Course it would, and I'm going to get my dream kitchen and workshop/forge. Why not?
HarryDresden
HarryDresden

Back to top Go down

Post  The4th1 Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:27 pm

Well, if we started fortifying it we would attract the attention of the authorities, we could have an incident similar to what happened to David Koresh.

The4th1

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynic Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:28 pm

Cynic wrote:
Scriptarius wrote:With that same 200,000 we could buy and renovate around 100 cheap houses though.
Oh, with cheap enough houses it could be MUCH more than that. All depends on how much renovation is needed, really.

Disregard this, I misread that as 200,000 donators, not 200,000 dollars.

Cynic

Back to top Go down

Post  Scriptarius Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:28 pm

HarryDresden wrote:
Scriptarius wrote:

Carpenters grandson here, I've spent most of my life working on renovations. Trust me, It's more like $16,000 to $25,000 for renovations, and then it's about $30,000 to $45,000 base prices for houses.

You may be able to buy a 1 bedroom apartment in a crackhouse in the middle of a ghetto for $2,500, but that not really what I think we're aiming for.

Was just going with what I read back on /tg/. Guess a lot of it was misinformation then.
Scriptarius
Scriptarius

Back to top Go down

Post  HarryDresden Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:33 pm

Yeah, I wish it were as easy as finding a crappy house for $2,500. I'd be making bank on refurbs here.
HarryDresden
HarryDresden

Back to top Go down

Post  ediskradeht Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:46 pm

I think that a community is the important goal and that the silo is cool but secondary. Also, staying in houses/trailers would allow /tg/ to keep their community of /tg/ers. You could have a potion of the "town" for each board. There could be a /tg/ street, /k/ road, /b/ ave., etc. At least it could serve as a staging ground. That said, the moderator started this as a plan to buy a silo, it's up to him if he wants other plans discussed here.

As far as renovation costs/other costs, if people are serious, they should volunteer any services that they can provide.

ediskradeht

Back to top Go down

Post  Scriptarius Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:48 pm

ediskradeht wrote:I think that a community is the important goal and that the silo is cool but secondary. Also, staying in houses/trailers would allow /tg/ to keep their community of /tg/ers. You could have a potion of the "town" for each board. There could be a /tg/ street, /k/ road, /b/ ave., etc. At least it could serve as a staging ground. That said, the moderator started this as a plan to buy a silo, it's up to him if he wants other plans discussed here.
I'm pretty sure he'd already have deleted this if he had a problem with it.
Scriptarius
Scriptarius

Back to top Go down

Post  ediskradeht Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:52 pm

Scriptarius wrote:
ediskradeht wrote:I think that a community is the important goal and that the silo is cool but secondary. Also, staying in houses/trailers would allow /tg/ to keep their community of /tg/ers. You could have a potion of the "town" for each board. There could be a /tg/ street, /k/ road, /b/ ave., etc. At least it could serve as a staging ground. That said, the moderator started this as a plan to buy a silo, it's up to him if he wants other plans discussed here.
I'm pretty sure he'd already have deleted this if he had a problem with it.

True.

ediskradeht

Back to top Go down

Post  Astra Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:19 pm

GrandHistorian wrote:

I have the distinct feeling that if we have such a lab, some of us might be kidnapped in our sleep and experimented on by you. Shocked

Not that i mind that really. if you must absolutely add extra arms to my torso, could you try to keep them in areas where they would be useful to me? lol!
Astra
Astra

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:20 pm

Yeah, I'd have no complaints if we had a nice crop of mutant ninja turtles to go with our secret underground base.

Anon

Back to top Go down

Post  Astra Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:33 pm

Anon wrote:Yeah, I'd have no complaints if we had a nice crop of mutant ninja turtles to go with our secret underground base.

If nothing else, we could shape that into a business plan. All we have to do is have the mutants roam the woods at an odd hour when we have some /x/philes by and we'll have the crypt zoology community combing the woods near by while we make a fortune off of selling them permits to use our land for their research. $50 for a single 24 hour permit, $150 for a group of five permit.
Astra
Astra

Back to top Go down

Post  JonathanDoe Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:13 pm

The4th1 wrote:Well, if we started fortifying it we would attract the attention of the authorities, we could have an incident similar to what happened to David Koresh.

David Koresh also started his own religion, impregnated teenagers, and thought he was Jesus reincarnated.

As long as we don't go full retard and actually discuss government's concerns with them, I think we'll be good.

Seriously though, what do they expect when they sell a Missile Silo? A bakery?
JonathanDoe
JonathanDoe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wakfag123 Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:15 pm

JonathanDoe wrote:Seriously though, what do they expect when they sell a Missile Silo? A bakery?

Probably not a few dozen neckbeards from the internet creating boardgame Valhalla.

But yeah, turning the silo into your cult headquarters is not the objective here.
Wakfag123
Wakfag123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next