The /tg/ Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Step 1: Fund building.

+21
duck murderer
Wakfag123
Astra
Elegant Gentlemen
B&Hammer40kun
Arisath
Grawflemaul
Lich
Vault Dweller
Da Crazy Techmarine
JonathanDoe
Glutton
GrandHistorian
Mordegald
HarryDresden
N. Kiki
Anon
Finoftime
Daemonwelsh
Scriptarius
Mutagen
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Step 1: Fund building. Empty Step 1: Fund building.

Post  Mutagen Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:00 pm

Let me lay it out for us:

We know what we want to do.
We are discussing how to do it.

Stage one of actually DOING SOMETHING is funds building.

We need somewhere to stick money and get the documentation of who put it in.

And we need to do it now while interest is high and people are willing to leap without looking.

Where can we stick money, how will it be moved there, and how do people put in for it?

SUGGESTIONS AND DISCUSSION!
Lets do it.

List of suggestions and points to be updated:
-----

Mutagen

Back to top Go down

Step 1: Fund building. Empty Re: Step 1: Fund building.

Post  Scriptarius Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:01 pm

Scriptarius
Scriptarius

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemonwelsh Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:29 pm

set up a donation button or whatever that we funnel money into as needed?

Get people to find out if they can take out loans, getting investors to see about getting a superb nightclub/paintballthing/gaming area/survival area set up?
Daemonwelsh
Daemonwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post  Finoftime Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:06 pm

And if /tg/ never goes through with the project? How will donations be returned?

Finoftime

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:08 pm

I think stage 0 is actually: "Make really solid and utterly watertight plan".

Anon

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemonwelsh Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:09 pm

Finoftime wrote:And if /tg/ never goes through with the project? How will donations be returned?

they are donations. Donations are not returned.
However loans are.

Only donate what you would not mind losing.
Daemonwelsh
Daemonwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post  N. Kiki Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:12 pm

Finoftime wrote:And if /tg/ never goes through with the project? How will donations be returned?

Donations are converted into something /tg/-related project.
N. Kiki
N. Kiki

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:13 pm

Yeah, that's a good point. Some kind of backup would be nice, even if it's just "give money to charity of the donor's choice".

Anon

Back to top Go down

Post  HarryDresden Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:16 pm

I agree with the anon about developing the watertight plan first. You decide to buy a house, which house, which neighborhood, and why you want to move there in the first place before you take out an ARM. So, let's think on it.

I believe with the government as it is, trying to appease the "SUPAH GREEN!" community, they'll hand out any amount to any "Green" idealist that comes their way. They realize "Oh shit, population's pissed, let's give them an opiate so that they think we're doing something!"

Well, why not use their funding to actually do something, and not just Duke Nukem; Forever it.
HarryDresden
HarryDresden

Back to top Go down

Post  Mordegald Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:20 pm

Anon wrote:Yeah, that's a good point. Some kind of backup would be nice, even if it's just "give money to charity of the donor's choice".

An emergency "Dump it all to Child's Play" button would seem appropriate. If we can't game with it, let someone else do it.
Mordegald
Mordegald

Back to top Go down

Post  Finoftime Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:26 pm

My apologies, I was too lazy to look into the "kickstarter" site before posing that question. After overcoming my laziness I have learned that the website lines up payments without actually sending them through until the project is fully funded thus solving (or at least lessening) that problem. Assuming this site is to be used, a new question arises: who is going to own this? The site says that the owner of the project is going to retain all rights. Is there some way to share ownership? Even then how do we decide who will be the primary owners? This seems like it could end in a huge legal shitstorm.

Last edited by Finoftime on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Minor typing errors.)

Finoftime

Back to top Go down

Post  Scriptarius Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:31 pm

Finoftime wrote:

My apologies, I was too lazy to look into the "kickstarter" site before posing that question. After overcoming my laziness I have learned that the website lines up payments without actually sending them through until the project is fully funded thus solving (or at least lessening) that problem. Assuming this site is to be used, a new question arises: who is going to own this? The site says that the owner of the project is going to retain all rights. Is there some way to share ownership? Even then how do we decide who will be the primary owners? This seems like it could end in a huge legal shitstorm.
I'm not a finance type of guy so I'll just stand back and let the people with experience handle it.
Scriptarius
Scriptarius

Back to top Go down

Post  GrandHistorian Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:32 pm

Surely there is some sort of legal documentation that the founders / everyone who worked on this project can sign to say 'This is partly mine'.
GrandHistorian
GrandHistorian

Back to top Go down

Post  HarryDresden Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:32 pm

Well, the easiest idea would be to start a multi-national conglomorate and sell "Shares" in the "Business" to members. The owners of the shares will retain all rights to their individual assets should they fall through, e.g; Intellectual and physical property, monetary value in the form of loans, and a written percentage of the property if the need to sell arises.

Basically, if /tg/ abandons it after succeeding one day, sells the place for boatloads of cash, everyone gets a piece of the pie.
HarryDresden
HarryDresden

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:43 pm

Suddenly I realise I've stepped into Traveller character gen, and now need to trade in my ship shares for a second hand free-trader. Awesome.

Anon

Back to top Go down

Post  Finoftime Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:44 pm

GrandHistorian wrote:Surely there is some sort of legal documentation that the founders / everyone who worked on this project can sign to say 'This is partly mine'.

I am just worried that there is some way for one asshole (or a small group of assholes), who decides he/she wants to screw everybody else (and let's face it, this is 4chan), to take control of all of the assets.

Finoftime

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:45 pm

Right, we need to add a lawyer onto the list of people we might need to end up paying.

Anon

Back to top Go down

Post  Glutton Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:29 pm

Quick! Someone call the Goverments and lets see if we can get fundings, saying we want to see if we can get a community of strangers together in a bomb-shelter like building.

Maybe we can play it off to see if underground anti-doomsday vault-like buildings would actually work.

That or just get Discovery in on it, they love doing that kind of shit. Only problem is if ratings go down they pull the plug on the operation.
Glutton
Glutton

Back to top Go down

Post  HarryDresden Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:34 pm

Science channel would then pick us up just to spite Discovery.
HarryDresden
HarryDresden

Back to top Go down

Post  Scriptarius Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:09 pm

Well it's pretty much established now that we will try to get the 3,000,000 for Titan but if we fall short we will buy Nike instead.
Scriptarius
Scriptarius

Back to top Go down

Post  JonathanDoe Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:17 pm

Yo, Law Student here. Not a lawyer yet persay, but if this thing takes three years to get going, I will be by then.
JonathanDoe
JonathanDoe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Crazy Techmarine Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:46 pm

Glutton wrote:Quick! Someone call the Goverments and lets see if we can get fundings, saying we want to see if we can get a community of strangers together in a bomb-shelter like building.

We should look into which congressional district each site is located in and contact the representative once we get some funding. Perhaps they can get rid of some of the red tape or get us some congressional money, or just some good will with the locals.
Da Crazy Techmarine
Da Crazy Techmarine

Back to top Go down

Post  Vault Dweller Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:21 pm

We extend loans and max out credit cards to fund a self-contained society, then lock the vault door indefinately. Debt collectors can't pass through solid matter.

On another note, a donation system is a terrible idea, all prospective cash-input needs to be recorded and monitored, with no actual transactions taking place. Otherwise this will be disasterous on many levels. You people have far far FAR too much trust of an imageboard known for trolling. There are probably many hopeful god-tier trolls waiting in the memberlist already.
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Crazy Techmarine Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:02 pm

Vault Dweller wrote:We extend loans and max out credit cards to fund a self-contained society, then lock the vault door indefinately. Debt collectors can't pass through solid matter.

On another note, a donation system is a terrible idea, all prospective cash-input needs to be recorded and monitored, with no actual transactions taking place. Otherwise this will be disasterous on many levels. You people have far far FAR too much trust of an imageboard known for trolling. There are probably many hopeful god-tier trolls waiting in the memberlist already.

agreed

perhaps if some members are musically gifted, iTunes may be a possible soure of steady revenue, after they and apple take thier cut. plus if it goes viral...

I'll try to hammer out a list of revenues and their possible time frames once i finish class
Da Crazy Techmarine
Da Crazy Techmarine

Back to top Go down

Post  Lich Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:55 pm

Can we get a kickstart account going. I think its best if we actually get the money flowing. The only thing that gets me about kickstart is the 5% cut, which seems quite high imo.

Lich

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum