The /tg/ Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banishment

+8
Mr. Crab
Astra
ediskradeht
Mordegald
Diggy
Scriptarius
Anon
Pslotha
12 posters

Go down

Banishment Empty Banishment

Post  Pslotha Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:52 pm

This may be the single most important thing ever.

We will become a fortress of chan, that has been established. Being such, we are BOUND to end up with a couple of THOSE GUYS.

How do we oust such people? How do we decide if they should be ousted?
Pslotha
Pslotha

Back to top Go down

Banishment Empty Re: Banishment

Post  Anon Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:01 pm

The legal system should probably involve a thunderdome. Or we could be democratic about it, and put it down to a vote. We don't particularly want to set up our own bureaucracy this early on. Anything really serious goes to the local legal system.

Anon

Back to top Go down

Post  Scriptarius Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:02 pm

To quote a post in the thread: THIS IS A GAMING CLUB NOT A FORTRESS MONASTERY.
Ok It's a gaming club with beds.
Scriptarius
Scriptarius

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggy Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:04 pm

Perhaps this is cruel, but for offenses that weren't actually illegal or possibly threatening to the security or well-being of the other residents, we could just let it work itself out. Don't like someone? Don't go around them.

Whether they get the hint or not, it's better than setting up a neckbeard court and kicking people out of the place, people who could be spending money.
Diggy
Diggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:08 pm

Yeah, I take back what I said. Anything that happens is either not serious enough for the fortress at large to take action, or it's serious enough to bring in the law. We don't need to bring nobles into this until the place is running, and we know whether we need to appoint a hammerer.

Anon

Back to top Go down

Post  Mordegald Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:36 pm

Anon wrote:Anything that happens is either not serious enough for the fortress at large to take action, or it's serious enough to bring in the law.

Unless the people cry out for a boffer-weapon Thunderdome in which we can settle disputes, I'm in favor of this being our policy.
Mordegald
Mordegald

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:38 pm

I think we need that on general principles, even if it doesn't turn out to be part of the legal system. We also need a copy of the war room from Dr. Strangelove.

Anon

Back to top Go down

Post  ediskradeht Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:01 pm

I think we should allow the people to vote on issuing warnings and on the 3rd one the citizen would be banished. That gives them a chance to straighten up and it keeps it democratic and not prone to personal vendettas. You may say that if it's not illegal then it' not important enough to kick someone out for, but if someone is ruining the experience for a considerable number of others, that threatens stability. Besides, some people can be annoying to an amazing extent. Wink

ediskradeht

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:04 pm

On the subject of legal matters, the topic of drugs came up in the other thread. While, obviously, growing illegal drugs would be a stupid thing to do, someone suggested growing/producing drugs which haven't been made illegal. What are people's feelings on this?

Anon

Back to top Go down

Post  Astra Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:13 pm

Anon wrote:On the subject of legal matters, the topic of drugs came up in the other thread. While, obviously, growing illegal drugs would be a stupid thing to do, someone suggested growing/producing drugs which haven't been made illegal. What are people's feelings on this?

I don't mind but i really don't like the idea of handing the ATF ammunition for a raid. I generally don't care what people smoke, snort, shoot up or lick out of their belly buttons just as long as it doesn't cause a ruckus. IF (and i can't stress that enough), someone wanted to go this route, i would suggest that they keep it to themselves.

I'm also for the thunderdome idea. We could setup cameras to webcast that and make a small fortune.
Astra
Astra

Back to top Go down

Post  ediskradeht Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:16 pm

Astra wrote:
Anon wrote:On the subject of legal matters, the topic of drugs came up in the other thread. While, obviously, growing illegal drugs would be a stupid thing to do, someone suggested growing/producing drugs which haven't been made illegal. What are people's feelings on this?

I don't mind but i really don't like the idea of handing the ATF ammunition for a raid. I generally don't care what people smoke, snort, shoot up or lick out of their belly buttons just as long as it doesn't cause a ruckus. IF (and i can't stress that enough), someone wanted to go this route, i would suggest that they keep it to themselves.

Agreed. If any word got out that "there's a guy growing drugs in there", they would raid. It would be bound to happen and it's safer to get your legal drugs from an off-premises source.

ediskradeht

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Crab Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:42 pm

I wouldn't see any reason to worry about legal drugs. Plus even if the ATF tried to do anything they would just find a bunch of perfectly legal plants and chemicals, and then be open for us to sue them for breaking in for no reason.

But oh well, idc very much.

Also I'd say anyone doing illegal drugs; go ahead and come join, just don't bring your drugs. If you need anything illegal you could always just go to the nearest town, find some, use it before you got back, and then still never have the fortress at risk.

However the idea of making our own alcohol seems good.

As long as you don't sell it I think the maximum you can produce per person is pretty substantial.

Mr. Crab

Back to top Go down

Post  The4th1 Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:56 pm

We shall have a Judge Dredd enforcer and a council of Elrond, with a true neckbeard as arbitrator. Well, I'm going to head for bed so good night.

The4th1

Back to top Go down

Post  Szayelwho Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:21 am

I second the non-lethal Thunder-dome idea.
Szayelwho
Szayelwho

Back to top Go down

Post  Nikola Tesla Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:43 am

Guys, can't we just get beyond Thunderdome?
Nikola Tesla
Nikola Tesla

Back to top Go down

Post  Astra Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:12 am

Nikola Tesla wrote:Guys, can't we just get beyond Thunderdome?

Hell no! This is the perfect way to settle disputes in a non-lethal manner. There are plenty of companies that offer foam/wooden sparring gear.

http://www.wle.com/store/foamStaffs.html

Civilized as we may be, we still need an outlet for our natural aggression. Plus we could market this over the web as "Neck beard Gladiators" or something to that effect. Thus providing more, yet entertaining, revenue.
Astra
Astra

Back to top Go down

Post  Nikola Tesla Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:20 am

Astra wrote:

Hell no! This is the perfect way to settle disputes in a non-lethal manner. There are plenty of companies that offer foam/wooden sparring gear.

Civilized as we may be, we still need an outlet for our natural aggression. Plus we could market this over the web as "Neck beard Gladiators" or something to that effect. Thus providing more, yet entertaining, revenue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aNG9QPn524
Nikola Tesla
Nikola Tesla

Back to top Go down

Post  Astra Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:37 am

Nikola Tesla wrote:
Astra wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aNG9QPn524

Lol!
Astra
Astra

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggy Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:49 am

Mr. Crab wrote:I wouldn't see any reason to worry about legal drugs. Plus even if the ATF tried to do anything they would just find a bunch of perfectly legal plants and chemicals, and then be open for us to sue them for breaking in for no reason.

But oh well, idc very much.

Also I'd say anyone doing illegal drugs; go ahead and come join, just don't bring your drugs. If you need anything illegal you could always just go to the nearest town, find some, use it before you got back, and then still never have the fortress at risk.

However the idea of making our own alcohol seems good.

As long as you don't sell it I think the maximum you can produce per person is pretty substantial.

I say this is more support for naming the place Boatmurdered or something else similarly dorfy.
Diggy
Diggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tzeentch Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:37 pm

Non-Lethal Thunderdome is the most likely idea. Neckbeards are not the most even headed of people and would banish someone for a dislike on the personal scale.
Tzeentch
Tzeentch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum