Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  ediskradeht on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:23 pm

Anon wrote:I agree that this should be something involving every board, not just /tg/, if it's to have any chance of succeeding. The problem is that it's mainly a /tg/ endeavour (although it'll presumably have video games and other generally nerdy but non-/tg/ things too). But if we're including other boards, /b/ should be in. They know how to get stuff done.

Yeah, something to keep in mind is that the more boards you involve, the less ideal it will be to a /tg/ dude. However, I think that it's more important that it actually happens. A /tg/ failure or a 4chan success? I would choose the latter. I also think that /b/ should be involved. Honestly, /b/tards will weasel their way in anyway and you risk pissing them off by excluding them. Do you want to piss /b/ off? Very Happy

ediskradeht

Posts : 13
Join date : 2010-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  Scriptarius on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:26 pm

In the end we CAN always involve ALL of Anonymous, but that carries risks.
avatar
Scriptarius

Posts : 49
Join date : 2010-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  Astra on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:35 pm

Keeping /b/ out of this might be the smartest move we can do that costs us nothing. I had a hand in the last /x/ project and not only did we keep /b/ out, we got shit done. Sadly though, the project fell apart with people going back to school, coming home from holidays, etc.

If we involved any other boards, i'd put my money on /trv/, /g/, and /v/. i threw /trv/ in because they seem to be somewhat stable & they have money. /b/ may have the numbers, but they lack stability. By involving them, all that would happen is this forum going to hell with memes, raids & what have you.

/k/...i think that would be all the reason the government would need to drop the hammer on this project, peaceful or not.
avatar
Astra

Posts : 44
Join date : 2010-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  The4th1 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:39 pm

[quote="Daemonwelsh"][quote="JonathanDoe"]
Daemonwelsh wrote: shooting any IRS guys that get anywhere near us.

You know, that is a good way to piss the government off. Even better though, we don't have to shoot them but just keep them as labourers, extra points if the guy is black.

The4th1

Posts : 17
Join date : 2010-09-06
Age : 26
Location : england fffffff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  Pslotha on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:44 pm

ediskradeht wrote: Do you want to piss /b/ off? Very Happy


>Implying /b/ can get shit done and that we need 14 year olds to try and fuck with this.
"LAWL WE SHUD NAME IT B-LAND!"
avatar
Pslotha
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 41
Join date : 2010-09-06
Age : 28
Location : Houston, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  HarryDresden on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:45 pm

Actually... If we could find some way to be given religious institution status, I believe we can avoid most of the state and local taxes.

Anyone up for worshipping the God Emperor of Mankind? Or perhaps turn ourselves in to the Adeptus Mechanus.
avatar
HarryDresden

Posts : 52
Join date : 2010-09-06
Location : Sacramento, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  Anon on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:47 pm

No, I absolutely veto this.

I support bringing death to the corpse-emperor and his minions.

Also, providing blood for the blood god, and acquiring skulls for his skull throne.

Anon

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  GrandHistorian on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:48 pm

Everything is going just as planned...
avatar
GrandHistorian

Posts : 59
Join date : 2010-09-06
Age : 26
Location : Ontario, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  HarryDresden on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:57 pm

Anon wrote:No, I absolutely veto this.

I support bringing death to the corpse-emperor and his minions.

Also, providing blood for the blood god, and acquiring skulls for his skull throne.

At 4:30 we're getting tea for the tea god, and scones for the scone throne.
avatar
HarryDresden

Posts : 52
Join date : 2010-09-06
Location : Sacramento, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  Anon on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:02 pm

We do need an underground hydroponics garden for tea. As a britfag, I demand this. We're going to have to lock you Americans out, lest you throw our tea in Boston harbour again.

Anon

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  GrandHistorian on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:09 pm

Anon wrote:We do need an underground hydroponics garden for tea. As a britfag, I demand this. We're going to have to lock you Americans out, lest you throw our tea in Boston harbour again.

Why just have tea... When you can have Hypertea? >:]
More references to genetic splicing Wink
avatar
GrandHistorian

Posts : 59
Join date : 2010-09-06
Age : 26
Location : Ontario, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  The4th1 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:14 pm

HarryDresden wrote:
Anon wrote:No, I absolutely veto this.

I support bringing death to the corpse-emperor and his minions.

Also, providing blood for the blood god, and acquiring skulls for his skull throne.

At 4:30 we're getting tea for the tea god, and scones for the scone throne.

Did you mean... Tea for the teapot?

The4th1

Posts : 17
Join date : 2010-09-06
Age : 26
Location : england fffffff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  Anon on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:14 pm

Okay, someone needs to check whether that would be legal. If it gives me hypertea, I want this place to have a genetics lab. Even if it does become Space Station 13 on Earth.

Anon

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  Nikola Tesla on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:20 pm

GrandHistorian wrote:I would suggest /new/ or /int/, although hesitantly at best.

4chan needs a politics board.

/int/ maybe but absolutely not /new/. /new/ would just shit things up with racism and hatred. If they got involved, I would exclude myself from any further dealings with this project.
avatar
Nikola Tesla

Posts : 10
Join date : 2010-09-06
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  GrandHistorian on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:21 pm

Anon wrote:Okay, someone needs to check whether that would be legal. If it gives me hypertea, I want this place to have a genetics lab. Even if it does become Space Station 13 on Earth.

The Supreme Court ruled that genetically engineered organisms as well as the genetic processes that created them can be patented. The original case involved a microorganism designed to eat up oil-slicks; it was patented by General Electric. Since 1981 the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has approved nearly 12,000 patents for genetic products and processes. Scientists have been concerned that the prospects of profit have decreased the relatively free flow of scientific information. Often scientists-turned-entrepreneurs refuse to share their findings for fear of commercial loss.
- http://www.leaderu.com/orgs/probe/docs/gen-engr.html

Apparently the issue isn't how it should be done, it is whether it should be done or not. I believe that as young, progressive thinkers we can allow such a thing as my tampering with basic DNA codings to take place.

inb4 race of reptilian supersoldiers

Also, I have made no action to contact /new/. Please stay with us, Nikola Tesla.
avatar
GrandHistorian

Posts : 59
Join date : 2010-09-06
Age : 26
Location : Ontario, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  Astra on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:04 pm

GrandHistorian wrote:
Anon wrote:Okay, someone needs to check whether that would be legal. If it gives me hypertea, I want this place to have a genetics lab. Even if it does become Space Station 13 on Earth.

The Supreme Court ruled that genetically engineered organisms as well as the genetic processes that created them can be patented. The original case involved a microorganism designed to eat up oil-slicks; it was patented by General Electric. Since 1981 the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has approved nearly 12,000 patents for genetic products and processes. Scientists have been concerned that the prospects of profit have decreased the relatively free flow of scientific information. Often scientists-turned-entrepreneurs refuse to share their findings for fear of commercial loss.
- http://www.leaderu.com/orgs/probe/docs/gen-engr.html

Apparently the issue isn't how it should be done, it is whether it should be done or not. I believe that as young, progressive thinkers we can allow such a thing as my tampering with basic DNA codings to take place.

inb4 race of reptilian supersoldiers

Also, I have made no action to contact /new/. Please stay with us, Nikola Tesla.


I really tried to read that essay at the link you provided, but i couldn't take it seriously. Granted, if someone wants to believe in a little hamster that dances in a tutu only on a full blue moon, i can respect that. However...as soon as religious ethics were brought into it at the end (And quite heavily at that), i was almost forced to disregard almost everything i read. It was nicely written despite that though.
avatar
Astra

Posts : 44
Join date : 2010-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  GrandHistorian on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:06 pm

Well, it wasn't me that wrote it. I was just looking for possible laws against genetic tampering. Luckily for me, there are none >:]
avatar
GrandHistorian

Posts : 59
Join date : 2010-09-06
Age : 26
Location : Ontario, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  Astra on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:10 pm

GrandHistorian wrote:Well, it wasn't me that wrote it. I was just looking for possible laws against genetic tampering. Luckily for me, there are none >:]

The power of evil is strong in this one. Twisted Evil

I think having a hydroponics bay within the complex sounds like a good idea, even more so if we can create some sort of hyper tea. Just thinking about a cup of earl grey with an even more enhanced flavor & scent makes me drool.

Oh yeah, for the brits that wanted to lock americans out of that bay, deny me my tasty teas and you'll have more to worry about than me tossing it into a harbor. lol
avatar
Astra

Posts : 44
Join date : 2010-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  Anon on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:17 pm

You can have tea, but if you want to get at the making process, you have to go through the initiation. It'll be like the Fremen, but with tea.

Anon

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  Astra on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:21 pm

Anon wrote:You can have tea, but if you want to get at the making process, you have to go through the initiation. It'll be like the Fremen, but with tea.

Sounds good. Although, i don't care how many thumpers you use, i'm not riding anyone's worm. lol
avatar
Astra

Posts : 44
Join date : 2010-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  Anon on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:23 pm

I see what you did there.

Anon

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  Glutton on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:36 pm

Guy's, we're getting off topic. This is just to see if we should grow by incorporating other boards not to see if we should have genetic labs producing super tea fueled reptilian armies.

avatar
Glutton

Posts : 8
Join date : 2010-09-06
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  Anon on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:50 pm

Sorry. We should really make an off-topic thread for that sort of thing. I think I'll do that now.

Anon

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  Astra on Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:09 pm

Glutton wrote:Guy's, we're getting off topic. This is just to see if we should grow by incorporating other boards not to see if we should have genetic labs producing super tea fueled reptilian armies.


My apologies, i couldn't resist the comedy goldmine that showed up in this thread. lol

I think we should expand into other threads, but let's be really, really picky about it. We need people that will actually help, not hinder.
avatar
Astra

Posts : 44
Join date : 2010-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  Anon on Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:11 pm

Agreed. We should focus on having a good plan, and having the legal framework sorted, then we can bring in investors.

Anon

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum