The /tg/ Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

+15
HarryDresden
The4th1
Astra
ediskradeht
interestedanon
Anon
Daemonwelsh
Grawflemaul
Bastaloch
N. Kiki
GrandHistorian
Scriptarius
JonathanDoe
Pslotha
Glutton
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards? Empty Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  Glutton Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:07 pm

Making this topic because it's going to happen sooner or later.

How do we feel about getting other boards involved, like /g/, /sci/ or /k/? I do believe someone just posted a thread on /sci/ about it, and there has even been talk of getting /b/ involved just so our userbase can grow.

So, General discussion thread about branching out to other boards.
Glutton
Glutton

Back to top Go down

Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards? Empty Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  Pslotha Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:11 pm

No /b/, it's like asking if we want shit smeared on our bathroom walls.

And just to be clear. WE DON'T WANT SHIT SMEARED ON OUR BATHROOM WALLS.
Pslotha
Pslotha

Back to top Go down

Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards? Empty Re: Making our Comunity bigger, should we branch into other boards?

Post  JonathanDoe Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:13 pm

Seriously, no /b/. Anyone else I can put up with, but no /b/.
JonathanDoe
JonathanDoe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scriptarius Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:16 pm

/sci/ already knows but involvement is uncertain.
/g/ would be good if we plan on sever farms, /k/ might make good security.

/b/ would actually have the largest amount of money to throw at this.
Scriptarius
Scriptarius

Back to top Go down

Post  GrandHistorian Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:16 pm

I'm wary against adding /b/ into the equation. See shoveldog for justification.

It's a huge gamble, especially with all the negative press we'd get from such a thing. I suggest bringing /sci/ and tentatively /k/ in first. /g/ is a definite must. We must have technology.

I would also suggest bringing at least one of the anime boards into this. They'd do backflips at the chance to have a career completely based off the nerdly arts.
GrandHistorian
GrandHistorian

Back to top Go down

Post  Scriptarius Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:19 pm

GrandHistorian wrote:I'm wary against adding /b/ into the equation. See shoveldog for justification.

It's a huge gamble, especially with all the negative press we'd get from such a thing. I suggest bringing /sci/ and tentatively /k/ in first. /g/ is a definite must. We must have technology.

I would also suggest bringing at least one of the anime boards into this. They'd do backflips at the chance to have a career completely based off the nerdly arts.
Would you kindly go and inform /g/ and /a/?
Here's a link to the thread
http://boards.4chan.org/tg/res/11979046
Scriptarius
Scriptarius

Back to top Go down

Post  GrandHistorian Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:20 pm

I shall do so politely and diligently.
GrandHistorian
GrandHistorian

Back to top Go down

Post  N. Kiki Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:21 pm

GrandHistorian wrote:.....

Instead of completely bringing in other boards, I say we just try to find people who might be interested that aren't /tg/ native. We'd have to broaden the interests a bit and have it be a little less tradition games focused, though.
N. Kiki
N. Kiki

Back to top Go down

Post  Scriptarius Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:25 pm

Remember chaps, 100 people is pretty much the absolute minimum we need to make this happen, unless we run across someone willing to drop like $100,000 all by himself.
Scriptarius
Scriptarius

Back to top Go down

Post  JonathanDoe Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:27 pm

Scriptarius wrote:...Would you kindly...

I see what you did there.
JonathanDoe
JonathanDoe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bastaloch Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:28 pm

Scriptarius wrote:Remember chaps, 100 people is pretty much the absolute minimum we need to make this happen, unless we run across someone willing to drop like $100,000 all by himself.

Still, the bigger, the better (community that is)?
Bastaloch
Bastaloch

Back to top Go down

Post  GrandHistorian Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:29 pm

Successfully posted to /a/ and /g/, linking the thread.

GrandHistorian
GrandHistorian

Back to top Go down

Post  Pslotha Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:36 pm

GrandHistorian wrote:Successfully posted to /a/ and /g/, linking the thread.

Aww man. /a/? Do we have to?
Pslotha
Pslotha

Back to top Go down

Post  GrandHistorian Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:38 pm

We do need the numbers, and I feel /a/ has the energy to fuel this process.
GrandHistorian
GrandHistorian

Back to top Go down

Post  Pslotha Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:41 pm

I'm afraid the thread hasn't made front page.
Pslotha
Pslotha

Back to top Go down

Post  GrandHistorian Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:46 pm

Might have to get more people to bump / post.

I lost the thread. <<
GrandHistorian
GrandHistorian

Back to top Go down

Post  Grawflemaul Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:51 pm

I don't see why we need /k/ for "security". Is America really some sort of desolate, post-apocalyptic wasteland, so that we need a militia to defend ourselves from roving bands of rapists?

Grawflemaul

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemonwelsh Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:33 pm

No, but this endevor may end up pissing the US government off.
Just saying.
Daemonwelsh
Daemonwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post  JonathanDoe Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:34 pm

Daemonwelsh wrote:No, but this endevor may end up pissing the US government off.
Just saying.

I don't see why. It's not like it's any threat.
JonathanDoe
JonathanDoe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:35 pm

If that's the case, a few /k/omrades won't be what saves us. Do we have a board full of legal types who can tell us what to avoid doing?

Anon

Back to top Go down

Post  GrandHistorian Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:40 pm

I would suggest /new/ or /int/, although hesitantly at best.

4chan needs a politics board.
GrandHistorian
GrandHistorian

Back to top Go down

Post  interestedanon Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:09 pm

Outside of 4chan there are quite a few survivalist forums where we could probably get some more info about bunkers.

http://www.survivalistboards.com

http://www.whenshtf.com/forum.php

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/140/pg1/srtpages

interestedanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemonwelsh Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:12 pm

JonathanDoe wrote:
Daemonwelsh wrote:No, but this endevor may end up pissing the US government off.
Just saying.

simple.
Tax's.
they would still expect us to pay tax's.
Easiest way to solve that problem is by removing ourselves from the US government.
Or just refusing to pay tax's, and shooting any IRS guys that get anywhere near us.
Daemonwelsh
Daemonwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post  ediskradeht Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:14 pm

You simply have to branch out to other boards if you are serious. I only learned of this project because the silo picture was on the main page under "Recent Images". I mainly visit /k/, but I browse /b/ and /gif/. All kinds of people visit any one board. You shouldn't equate a person to what board they visit on 4chan. I'm primarily a /k/ommando, but it's not a summation of who I am, at all. I think that, /k/ would have a decent number of people interested in such a project, but you have to eventually weed out the idiots before involving money and moving. A survey/questionnaire would be a good method for this.

Just saying.

It should not piss them off. If it does, then there is no reason to take up arms, that's just retarded. We would have to convince them that we mean no harm or just give up. Expect to get some interest from local/federal law enforcement, it comes with the territory. Fostering a good relationship with local law enforcement would be beneficial.

Daemonwelsh wrote:
JonathanDoe wrote:
Just saying.

simple.
Tax's.
they would still expect us to pay tax's.
Easiest way to solve that problem is by removing ourselves from the US government.
Or just refusing to pay tax's, and shooting any IRS guys that get anywhere near us.

To put it simply, if you want to succeed, you must follow the law every step of the way. If you want to protest taxes, don't involve other people in your vain attempt. Surely you are trolling.

Last edited by ediskradeht on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

ediskradeht

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:17 pm

I agree that this should be something involving every board, not just /tg/, if it's to have any chance of succeeding. The problem is that it's mainly a /tg/ endeavour (although it'll presumably have video games and other generally nerdy but non-/tg/ things too). But if we're including other boards, /b/ should be in. They know how to get stuff done.

Anon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum